Thursday, January 15, 2009

Byrd waits out!



Well, predicting the 2009 K-race winner just got a bit easier as Paul Byrd, for all intents and purposes pulled himself out of the running as it broke that he would be joining the season mid way through.
Allright, so that's being a little facetious; Soft-tosser Byrd's 85.7 MPH fastball is hardly known for missing bats (batters made contact about 87% of the time they swung at pitches thrown by Byrd), and his highest single season strikeout total, way back in 2002, was 129. I don't anybody would have confused him for a leading canadate to stikeout the most batters in 2009 (though in his defense he is pretty fun to watch pitch).
Anyhow, I had to make a first post sometime so I figured why not now. I'm new to the whole blogging thing and have no idea how to get people to look at this site so I'll do my best to make this place a worthwhile destination for before the beggining of the season. Right now stuff like getting pictures and links to work is still new.
What I hope to do is A) compile the predicted top 10 in strikeouts by my own estimation and that of various projection systems B) compile a prospect list for the prospects most likely to one day lead the majors in strikeouts and C) make a list of factors out of the key pitchers control that could effect the race. During the season I want to keep follow the league leaders game by game and follow the race all year.



No comments: